Football season is practically upon us. Although we are in the final weeks of summer vacation, don’t forget to have your equipment looked over to make sure it is ready to go when the first practice rolls around.
Here are a few things you can do to ensure your equipment is game ready.
- HELMET RECONDITIONING: Make sure your helmets have been reconditioned/recertified according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. If they have not, send them to an authorized reconditioner to have them recertified. There is still time!
- Look over your shoulder pads for any broken parts or bad elastic and rusted hardware. Replace the worn elastic/hardware or send it to a reconditioner to do the necessary repairs.
- Sanitize the equipment before issuing it to your players. There are some products to stay away from so check with the manufacturer or a reconditioner and they can advise you on what to use.
- Stock your sideline kits. For example: screws, t-nuts, chinstrap snaps, replacement valves and caps, shoulder pad elastic and hardware, etc.
- Do you have the correct inflation needle for the helmet air liners? This is very important! Many times liners are ruined because too long of a needle was used.
Don’t wait! Be sure to make the time to ensure your equipment is safe and up to date before issuing to your players.